Delivering customized industry intelligence
The 2020 Specialty Chemicals Industry Census is Now Available!
The Specialty Chemicals Census establishes key micro-level benchmarks that are critical to companies in 2020.
As part of the association’s strategic focus on building commercial growth opportunities, SOCMA developed the Specialty Chemicals Industry Census in collaboration with Vault Consulting, LLC. The resulting data will be disseminated through SOCMA’s ChemSectors program.
Key findings of the 2020 SOCMA census include:
- Approximately 93 percent of respondents expect an increase in revenue growth, and 83 percent expect an increase in capacity in the next three years.
- More than 67 percent have capital expansion plans in place.
- Markets driving revenue growth within the next three years include: Performance Materials – 81 percent, AgroChem – 49 percent, and API/Excipients – 47 percent.
- Almost 35 percent of companies view sustainability in the context of business continuity.
- About 61.5 percent train employees in-house, with 38.6 percent using both in-house and external sources.
SOCMA Members can download a copy of the census in the member portal.
Non-members can obtain a copy of the census by contacting Paul Hirsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ChemSectors brings a laser-focus on areas where our members have a vested interest
Our ChemSectors program is an information network that keeps you up-to-date with the latest industry developments in key end-use markets like performance, agricultural and pharmaceutical chemicals.
ChemSectors focuses on trends and delivers knowledge around:
- Regulatory and legislative issues at the product level
- Economic conditions of key markets
- Changes to industry standards and guidelines
- Access to technical papers and scientific studies
- Guidance on Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
Our dedicated information network enables you to grow your business while addressing critical challenges found across the supply chain by:
- Helping establish commercial connections with end-market trade groups
- Identifying stewardship and sustainability best practices for the industry
- Providing tailored intelligence to keep you abreast of pertinent industry developments
New SOCMA Census Points to Strong Level of Business Confidence for Specialty Chemicals Supply Chain
SOCMA Launches New Platform to Drive Business Connections for Chemical Manufacturers
Demographics Show Positive Outlook for Post-COVID Economy