SOCMA Performance Improvement Awards
About the SOCMA Performance Improvement Awards
The SOCMA Performance Improvement Awards Program is a recognition program focusing on the five Core Principles in SOCMA’s Environmental, Health, Safety and Security Program-ChemStewards:
- Stakeholder Communications
- Product Stewardship
- Employee Training and Engagement
- Resource and Waste Minimization
- EHS&S in Planning and Operations
Recipients of the Performance Improvement Awards are recognized through press releases and at in-person events throughout the year.
Award Applications are based on the ChemStewards Five Core Principles and specifically take into account best practices and principles that demonstrate continuous improvement beyond basic requirements of ChemStewards and government-mandated programs.
There are five types of awards:
- Gold Award(s)
- Silver Awards
- Bronze Awards
- Educational Outreach Award
- Sustainability Award
The submission period starts in May/June of each year and ends in late August/early September.
Awards capture facility activities between a specific period of time. For example, the 2020 Awards capture facility activities between July 2019 – June 2020 and metrics or agency data for 2018 – 2019.
The application portal is closed for the 2020 Awards year. Please look out for an e-mail or contact us at email@example.com for information about 2021 submissions.
Award Criteria for 2020 Award Year
- To be eligible for the Gold, Silver or Bronze awards you must be an actively engaged SOCMA member currently in good standing with ChemStewards® or participate in an accepted alternative or equivalent performance improvement program. If you have any questions on your alternative or equivalency to ChemStewards® contact a member of the ChemStewards® staff.
- Society of Chemical Manufactures and Affiliates (SOCMA) Performance Improvement Awards are based on an individual facility’s achievement and improvement over a specific award time.
- SOCMA is only accepting applications submitted via this online format. No other print applications will be accepted. Members will not be able to access the application after midnight of the application deadline of September 14, 2020.
- 2020 Awards will capture facility activities during the timeframe of July 2019 – June 2020 and metrics or agency data for the year 2018 – 2019
- All applications will be judged in a blind-blind process. The judges will not know who the applicants are and the judging committee will be formed by the SOCMA staff and kept confidential. The members of the judging committee will not be allowed to submit an application.
- Applicants must answer all general questions and award-based questions to be eligible to receive an award.
- The ENTIRE application must be filled out in order to be judged in either the Gold, Silver or Bronze category. If a section is not relevant, please put “N/A”.
- Do not use your company name or reference your company location in any of the text responses throughout the application. Failure to remove all references to company name/location could result in application removal.
- Application does not guarantee an award.
Monument Chemical Brandenburg Awarded SOCMA’s 2020 Educational Outreach Award
Ashland Calvert City Receives 2020 SOCMA Sustainability Award
SOCMA Announces 2020 Performance Improvement Awards Winners