SOCMA Assists Members with OSHA COVID-19 Vaccine ETS Compliance
November 15, 2021
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has published its long-awaited Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) to carry out the September 9 Executive Order (EO) requiring companies with 100 or more employees to mandate vaccinations (with health and religious exemptions), or take weekly COVID-19 tests and wear masks.
Understanding the immense impact the ETS will have on the specialty chemical sector and our membership, SOCMA is closely monitoring the issue and continues to keep our members abreast of the latest developments. Here are just a few examples of what we are doing to support our members through each step in the process. SOCMA:
- Published a member alert with initial analysis the day before the ETS was officially published in the Federal Register. SOCMA has since completed a thorough review of the ETS and its impact on our members and their employees.
- Developed a OSHA COVID-19 Vaccine ETS Compliance Checklist to assist members with compliance. This document guides companies step-by-step through determining whether the ETS applies to their company, which individuals at their company must comply, and reporting and record-keeping requirements.
- Is hosting a virtual Emergency Temporary Standard Compliance Town Hall series each Tuesday in November at 1:00pm ET. Register for the series to keep apprised of all the latest developments and new information as it becomes available.
OSHA is also offering a number of helpful resources, including:
- Pre-recorded webinar
- Fact sheet
- Mandatory Vaccination Policy Template
- Vaccination or Testing and Face Covering Policy Sample
- Key Compliance Dates