September 22, 2017
SOCMA is happy to host, once again, the 2017 National Chemical Safety Symposium in Houston, TX. This two-day event, set for October 11-12, provides not only educational sessions but several networking opportunities. Take advantage of this incredible opportunity to discover the latest trends and methodologies used in process and occupational safety and network with industry leaders from across the country.
Top 5 Reasons why you should attend this year’s event:
- Immerse yourself in an agenda full of professionals from industry, government and academia, including Vanessa Sutherland, Chairperson of the Chemical Safety Board, and Dr. Sam Mannan, Regent Professor and Director of the Mary Kay O’Conner Process Safety Center at Texas A&M University.
- Get insights about Disaster Planning and Response from industry leaders and plant operators who dealt with these situations first-hand during Hurricane Harvey.
- Find new techniques designed to address plant safety from industry experts during our workshop and Q&A session.
- Gain hands-on experience about operational excellence as it relates to risk and discuss the Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) in a workshop on October 11.
- Learn more about the legislative and regulatory issues facing the specialty chemical industry during a roundtable discussion with SOCMA’s Government Relations staff.
View the complete agenda and register today!
We look forward to seeing you soon in Houston!
Categorized in: Manufacturing/Operations